- 3TB Storage Capacity
- 1 x USB 3.0 Interface
- 7200 rpm Rotational Speed
- 5 Gb/s Interface Transfer Rate (180 MB/s overall)
- Power Save Mode Spins Down Disk
- 256-bit AES Encryption
- Integrated Cable Management
- Windows & Mac Compatible
Take advantage of effective data transfer rates of up to 180 MB/s over the integrated USB 3.0 port with the 3TB d2 USB 3.0 Professional Desktop Storage Drive from LaCie. Inside the aluminum enclosure you will find a 4TB, 7200 rpm drive designed to support the browsing and transferring of large RAW files, video files, and much more. When the drive is not in use it spins down automatically for reduced power consumption.
The enclosure of the LaCie d2 features a fanless design for near silent operation. To keep the drive cool, LaCie uses an aluminum unibody enclosure which also helps keep the drive secure during transport. The LaCie d2 comes compatible with Apple Time Machine and Windows Backup allowing you to create complete system backups. Additionally, you can utilize LaCie's own Private-Public software to password protect your volumes.
- Versatility for Professional Environments
- With the integrated USB 3.0 interface, the LaCie d2 delivers fast speeds on nearly any late-model PC or Mac computer. The USB 3.0 interface also remains backwards compatible with USB 2.0 allowing you to plug this drive into nearly any computer with a USB port.
- Enhanced Data Speeds
- The LaCie d2 combines a high-performance interface with a Seagate 4TB, 7200 rpm hard disk, resulting in enhanced data transfer speeds of up to 180 MB/s. With speeds like this it is possible to store and browse a large RAW Adobe Lightroom library with zero lag. Additionally, videographers can transfer hours of RAW video footage onto a RAID backup device.
- Unibody Enclosure
- Forged from a single piece of aluminum, the casing provides rigidity for long-term durability and enhanced quality.
- Power Saving Mode
- The disk spins down automatically when the host operating system goes to sleep. You can also use LaCie Desktop Manager to configure the product to spin down disk after a specified amount of time.
- Fan-Free Cooling
- The aluminum, unibody enclosure with integrated base is designed to dissipate heat effectively. As a result, the cooling system prolongs the lifespan of internal components while enabling ultra-quiet operation.
- Integrated Cable Management
- Prevent accidentally disconnected interface or power cables without compromising the look and design of the product.
- Anti-Vibration Features
- Extruded seams, cushioning base, and vibration-dampening hard disk mounts combine to dramatically reduce hard disk vibration.
- Professional Backup Suite
- With a bundled professional backup software suite and compatibility with Time Machine and Windows Backup, the LaCie d2 includes everything needed for secure backup. This product also includes LaCie Private-Public software, which helps prevent unauthorized access by password-protecting volumes with AES 256-bit encryption.