The 8big 48TB 8-Bay Thunderbolt 2 Rackmount Storage System from LaCie is an 8-bay storage enclosure with a capacity of 48TB, suitable for storing large files such as 4K video files and RAW photos. With Thunderbolt 2 connectivity, you can transfer data at speeds up to 1330 MB/s (in RAID 0), which enhances 4K workflows so you can see edits in real-time. Additionally, the LaCie 8big Thunderbolt 2 works in conjunction with applications including Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier, Adobe Lightroom, and Apple Aperture.
The 8big Array supports RAID configurations such as RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, and JBOD. This storage enclosure comes preconfigured in HFS+ and RAID 5 for read speeds up to 1130 MB/s, allowing you to easily configure it for meeting any storage requirements. In addition to faster workflows, the dual Thunderbolt 2 ports provide the ability to daisy chain up to 6 devices to a single computer and connect a 4K monitor with DisplayPort 1.2 compatibility.
Thunderbolt 2 Speeds
- The LaCie 8big uses Thunderbolt 2 technology to provide sustained speeds of up to 1330 MB/s (in RAID 0) that enhance 4K workflows, reduce the time taken to transfer large files, create backups, and more. It also offers support for a hardware RAID controller as well as 7200 rpm disks.
2K & 4K Video Compatible
- With the speed offered by the Thunderbolt 2 connectivity, videographers can edit 4K 10-bit video streams, play back compressed 4K video files, and see edits in real time. Digital photographers can browse a large RAW photo library with minimal lag.
Improved Cooling System and Reliability
- Fans, disks, and PSU are fully redundant, hot swappable, and user-serviceable. RAID 5/6 provides security against disk failure and data loss without compromising on transfer speeds. The 8big Rack features three thermo-regulated cooling fans to regulate airflow. A metal sheet beneath the disks dissipates heat, while air flows under the sheet to cool it. Above and between the two rows of disks, air flows from front to back, conducting heat away from sensitive components.
- You can instantly check system health, disk status, and Thunderbolt connectivity, even when many LaCie 8big Racks are installed in a cabinet.
- Power-Saving Mode
- You can save energy by pressing the power button to spin down disks without interrupting daisy chain transfers. Press and hold the button to shut down the system completely.
- ID Buttons
- From front or rear, press the ID button for an easy way to target a specific LaCie 8big Rack for maintenance.
- The cable management arm lets the LaCie 8big Rack glide out from the cabinet without unplugging cables. You can easily access components by clicking a hidden latch to release the top panel.
RAID for Speed with Security
- The LaCie RAID Manager software gives you a centralized way to configure and monitor all the LaCie 8big Racks that are connected to a single workstation. From one application, you can control the RAID mode, system monitoring, and email alerts. You can select RAID 0, 1 (two-disk configuration only), 5, 6, 10, or JBOD. RAID Manager even supports RAID migration, so you can move from RAID 5 on 4 disks to RAID 5 on 8 disks without data loss. System monitoring can alert you of potential problems via desktop notifications or email, so you can address issues before they result in data loss.