Designed with the ability to edit and playback multiple HD video streams, as well as access digital libraries the StudioRAID TB 4TB 2-Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Array (2 x 2TB) from Glyph Technologies is a production-grade external hardware controlled RAID array that connects to your Windows or Mac system using its its two Thunderbolt 2 ports or one USB 3.0 Type-B port at speeds up to 360 MB/s. While one of the Thunderbolt 2 ports is used to connect this RAID to your host system, the other may be used for daisy-chaining additional Thunderbolt-compatible peripherals.
The StudioRAID TB is equipped with two 3.5" drive bays and a total capacity of 4TB, which is configured as 2 x 2TB 7200 rpm hard drives. To help facilitate its functionality within a production environment, the StudioRAID comes pre-configured as a RAID 0, which helps enhance performance by spreading data across two drives and is also compatible with RAID 1, which offers data redundancy. For those who do not require a RAID, JBOD and SPAN modes are also supported. This array is powered by an internal international auto-switching power supply that operates at 100-240 VAC at 50/60 Hz, is cooled with an intelligent quiet fan, uses disk health monitoring, and is constructed from an all-metal enclosure. While the StudioRAID TB comes pre-formatted as HFS+ Journaled for Mac, it may also be used with Windows after a simple reformat. Included is a Thunderbolt 2 cable, USB 3.0 cable, and an IEC power cable. It is protected by hardware, data recovery, and advanced replacement warranties.
- Achieve Speeds up to 360 MB/s
- The StudioRAID TB is a reliable hardware RAID array with Thunderbolt 2 and USB 3.0 (backwards compatible with USB 2.0) connectivity, supporting RAID 0, 1, JBOD, and SPAN modes. A temperature-controlled intelligent fan complements its auto-sensing power supply for a combination of speed and reliability.
- RAID 0 and RAID 1
- RAID 0 (striping) increases the performance of the drive system by spreading the data across two drives. RAID 0 is designed for editing video, working with huge graphics files, sound libraries, and streaming instruments that play hundreds of samples simultaneously. RAID 0 is the default shipping drive mode.
RAID 1 offers data redundancy and real-time backup by writing the same data to the two hard drives at the same time. Should a drive failure happen, data is still available on the remaining drive.
- Time Machine Compatible
- The Glyph StudioRAID TB comes pre-formatted as HFS+ with Journaling and is Time Machine compatible out of the box. A simple reformat is all it takes for the StudioRAID TB to work with Windows systems.
- Smart, Quiet, & Efficient Cooling
- The StudioRAID TB uses a temperature-controlled fan that helps keep it quiet while still offering proper cooling. The case is designed with front-panel ventilation holes to draw cool air in, while exhausting warm air out the back.
- Universal & Auto-Sensing Internal Power
- External power adapters are easily misplaced, accidentally unplugged, and take up valuable outlet space. The StudioRAID TBuses an industry-standard power cord and a pro-quality internal power supply for efficient and reliable power. The StudioRAID TB will also sense when you connect over USB or Thunderbolt, and automatically power on.
- Disk Health Monitoring
- The StudioRAID TB includes disk monitoring features designed to keep your data safe. Should your drive begin to exhibit behavior indicating an imminent drive failure, the multi-function LED will alert you via a red light. Additionally, to safeguard against accidentally powering off your StudioRAID TB, the intelligent power switch must be held for 3 seconds to power off the drive.
- Rackmount Kit Available
- The GPT Rackmount Kit transforms your StudioRAID TB into a rackmount hard drive. The rackmount kit accessory is capable of mounting one or two Studio-series drives.