FujiFilm LTO 6 Tape with Barium Ferrite (BaFe) - MFR # 16310732
Fuji LTO 6 Tape Ultrium 6 - MFR # 16310732
The Fujifilm LTO Ultrium 6 Tape cartridge is produced with Barium Ferrite magnetic particles. The LTO Ultrium 6 cartridge has a storage capacity of 2.7TB native and up to 6.25TB with a transfer rate of up to 400 megabytes per second. LTO Ultrium 6 hardware incorporates the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) and Fujifilm LTO 6 tape cartridges are capable of long life archive for over 30 years.
Features and Benefits
- Capacity of 2.5TB (native) and up to 6.25 TB compressed capacity
- Supports transfer speeds of 160 MB/s (native), 400 MB/s (2.5:1) with Generation 6
- Barium Ferrite (BaFe) technology
- Compatible with Linear Tape File System (LTFS)
- Superior 'smart grabber' mechanism and mechanical interlock to prevent the leader pin from being pulled inside the tape housing (a key weakness of DLT media). Sensors detect proper connection and prevent leader loss that would ruin the tape.
- Simplified tape path to reduce wear and tear.
Excellent read/write property: By adopting Barium Ferrite, Fujifilm LTO6 tapes have higher coercvity, lower noise compared to older generations. Over time the recording head of a well-used drives start to wear down leading to a drop in performance. However, since Fujifilm's LTO6 with Barium Ferrite, from a system performance point of view, has more margin compared to metal particle tapes (measured using Fuji manufactured tapes), it can be read/written more accurately on these older drives.
Long Archival Life: Barium Ferrite is chemically stable (already oxidized) and does not easily get demagnetized by outside energy. Therefore magnetic tape using Barium Ferrite is said to have a longer archival life of more than 30 years based on Fujifilm's acceleration tests.