Glyph Technologies 480GB StudioRAID Mini Portable Hard Drive (SSD) - Mfr. #SRMSSD480 (Discontinued, consider using Glyph #A1000GRY or SLV)
PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS (Discontinued, consider using Glyph #A1000GRY or SLV. Subject to stock on hand)
480GB Storage Space
- Two Internal SSDs
- 1 x USB 3.0 Port, 1 x eSATA Port
- 2 x FireWire 800 Ports
- Up to 420 MB/s Read/Write over USB 3.0
- Hardware RAID 0 and RAID 1 Support
- Bus-Powered via FireWire 800
- Glyph Manager Health Monitoring
- Protective Aluminum Exterior
- Windows and Mac Compatible
The 480GB StudioRAID Mini Portable SSD from Glyph Technologies features two 240GB solid-state drives that can be hardware configured in RAID 0 or 1. When you require performance, set the RAID mode into 0 for the fastest transfer rate possible. If you require redundancy, RAID 1 mirrors the same set of data onto both drives. To support the performance these drives can offer, the StudioRAID Mini is built with a USB 3.0 and eSATA ports to quickly transfer the data to your computer. Additionally, it provides two bus-powered FireWire ports that draw power from the computer without the need to carry an AC adapter and lets you connect to systems without USB or eSATA.
The StudioRAID Mini uses a variable speed fan that spins faster to provide maximum cooling when needed or slower to produce less noise. To monitor the temperature, drives, and more, the StudioRAID Mini includes built-in sensors and Glyph Manager software so you can check it with your computer. With the solid-state drives and ports offered, you can access large amounts of data quicker than the hard drive version that makes it ideal for video and photo editing and more.
- Mobile Hardware RAID
- StudioRAID mini supports easily configurable RAID 0 and RAID 1 modes, quick transfer rates over USB 3.0, FireWire, and eSATA and is bus power capable so you can work almost anywhere.
- Interface Performance
- With transfer speeds up to 420 MB/s, the StudioRAID mini offers USB 3.0 performance. This means faster editing, quicker rendering, more tracks and samples as well as an improved efficient workflow.
- Disk Health Monitoring
- Custom sensors monitor the health of your StudioRAID mini, warning you of activity patterns that indicate potential problems with your drive.
- Intelligent Fan Cooling
- StudioRAID mini uses a temperature-controlled quiet fan for maximum airflow and proper cooling. The enclosure has been designed with front-panel ventilation to draw cool air in, while exhausting warm air out the back. This helps to ensure the performance and reliability of critical components.
- Plug and Play
- The StudioRAID mini comes ready for use with a Mac so you can plug in and begin storing your files immediately. It's also Time Machine compatible, so you can begin backing up your computer right away. A simple reformat will configure your StudioRAID mini for use with a PC.