XenData X2500 USB 3.0 LTO6 desktop archive system XEN2500USB3.0
The X2500-USB is an LTO-6 archive system that connects to notebooks and workstations via USB 3.0. The system includes an external LTO-6 drive and XenData6 Workstation management software. It is ideal for storing video, audio and image files on high capacity LTO cartridges. The solution runs on 64 bit Windows 8.1 or Windows 7. For Mac users, the system is compatible with both Boot Camp and VM Fusion.
The X2500-USB System includes the following:
- External LTO-6 drive with a USB 3.0 interface
- XenData6 Workstation software
- USB cable (1.8m in length)
- LTO-6 2.5 TB re writable cartridge
- Universal LTO cleaning cartridge
- Rugged carrying case
The X2500-USB is extremely easy to use. Archive and restore operations are always performed using Windows Explorer: the XenData software extends Explorer's capabilities to transfer files to and from LTO using drag and drop or copy and paste. Files may be archived to LTO from any accessible logical drive letter or network share. Similarly, files may be restored to an available drive letter or share.
The system is fully compatible with 2.5 TB LTO-6 and 1.5 TB LTO-5 cartridges and saves files to LTO using either LTFS or TAR industry standard formats. When using the LTFS format, the cartridges written using the X2500 are interchangeable with many third party applications. The system can manage an unlimited number of LTO cartridges and provides almost infinite storage.
- Writes to LTO using either LTFS or TAR formats ◊ Maintains file and folder structures, allowing easy transfer of nested folders to and from LTO
- All file types are supported from DPX to MXF or even Word docs
- End to End Logical Block Protection which verifies the integrity of the file written to LTO in real time
- Manages an unlimited number of offline LTO cartridges
- Ability to browse or search for files including those that are offline
- Ability to run reports that provides tape content and file search information even for offline LTO cartridges
- Faster file restores because the XenData6 Workstation software restores files in tape order
- No interleaved file blocks when archiving multiple simultaneous files for better data integrity and faster restores
- Robust capability to restore files from cartridges after misuse such as a power failure to the LTO drive while writing.
The X2500-USB is perfect for media professionals in need of a reliable and easy-to-use archive system for data wrangling applications or to create a managed offline LTO archive.